Thursday, August 16, 2012

SCARY!

Out of all the years I’ve done Halloween cards, this one is still my favorite.  Hard to lose when the Master of Hilarious Macabre – Edward Gorey – is on the scene . . .


 . . . Gorey’s Running Man perfectly illustrates the way most of us would feel when passing a cemetery on a dark and spooky night.  Not that we would ever find ourselves there at such a time!  It took a little time to fussy-cut my frightened subject:  usually I think it actually looks better to leave a little margin around cut-out elements, but in this case, I decided my guy would look better without any white edges showing.  So it was worth the effort, which was greatly aided by outlining him with a black marker after I’d finished cutting – this covered up any errant glimpses of white.  And no, it’s not too early to be thinking about Halloween!

Cardstock:     Generic Black Linen, Beckett Moonlight,
Stamps:          Sideshow Graveyard, Gorey’s Running Man, Vippie “Scary”, Amuse
                               Hanging Ghost
Inks:                Archival Black, Marvy Plum marker, Gelly Roll Silver pen,
Colored Pencils: Prisma Nectar, Framboise, Black, Sandbar Brown, Sienna Brown
Dec. Scissors: Fiskars Deckled in two sizes

No comments:

Post a Comment