Thursday, July 19, 2012

It's Good To Play

These are definitely words to live by, and who would know this better than their author, Jerry Seinfeld?


While I’d seen two or three examples of card fronts that were put through an embossing folder after having been stamped, I couldn’t believe that such a technique would leave me with anything readable. So naturally, I had to try it out.  What an amazing surprise! 

Regardless of what my camera chooses to show you, trust me:  the tiniest, skinniest line of intricate stamping in this image is fully visible in all of its detailed glory!  I did all of the stamping, coloring and edging first before inserting into the embossing folder.  I think the results are neat and hope you do too . . .

Cardstock:   Bazzill Black, Generic textured Taupe, Beckett Moonlight
Stamps:        Lost Coast Steampunk Pony;  text: Cloud 9 Simple Thoughts/Laughter
Inks:                Archival Black; Copic W4 Warm Grey, Gelly Roll Star Clear, Marvy Silver marker
Emb Folder:  Cuttlebug Herringbone
Doo Dads:    Antique Silver brads

No comments:

Post a Comment