Monday, June 11, 2012

Swahili Tales

My friend Sandy is into all things African and has even become an accomplished drummer with an African band of drumming enthusiasts.  They have performed at several venues and if you think that a band of just drums could not possibly be interesting, you’d be way off the mark.  I went to one of her performances and it was one of the most thrilling events I’ve ever attended.


The Dark Continent is filled with extraordinary art inspiration in numerous media and thanks to Sandy, I love to play around with the many stamp images I’ve collected, primarily because of her interest.  I hope she’s got lots of birthdays ahead, because I’ve got lots of stamps I want to use!

Cardstock:     Generic textured Cocoa, Bazzill Black, Beckett Moonlight
Stamps:         Judikins African background, Hanko’s African UNM sheet (text and images)
Inks:                 Archival Black, ColorBox Cream White
Emb Powder:  Stampendous Ivory Pearl
Dies:              WplusNine Banners dies
Doo Dads:      Twiggy spray, a found object I have no recollection of finding but am sure glad I did.  Lightweight and flexible, it should get through the mail just fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment