Monday, December 25, 2023

It's Birthday Time

As my Christmas card has already been posted, I think that Christmas Day is a great one to post a card for my friend who has the perfect holiday name of ‘Noela’. She was indeed a holiday-born baby so a posting in this month is certainly the right place for her.  She has newly moved to Beacon, NY and by all accounts, it’s very much like the card front’s design . . .


The entire card front is one die which is such a charmer, I had to get it the minute I saw it.  Equally charming was the fact that it was on sale at half price!  There’s enough action going on that a simple text strip was all I wanted to add to it.  I confess to copying the color scheme shown on the packaging as I thought it was perfect as is.  But next time, I’ll go for something quite different just to put my own spin on it . . .

 

Cardstock:   The Paper Cut Brown Umber, Strathmore

 #140 Watercolor, Scraps Various         

Sentiment:   Typed in Countryhouse font

Inks:             Distress Ground Espresso, Superior India Ink Black,

                     Gelly Roll pen Clear Star

Dies:            Tim Holtz Countryside, Simon Says Sketchy Banners           

No comments:

Post a Comment