Thursday, September 15, 2022

Cute

 Blue Ribbon #5  BABY category 

This mini slimline entry turned out to be one of my favorite cards.  The image of the dancing bears just grabbed my heart and Fun Fact:  the trouble I used to have with intricate background die cutting is now solved . . .


The intricate background die grid used on this card left sporadic areas where the design didn’t cut through.  I have experimented with a metal plate, all kinds of paper shims, and have done multiple pass-throughs to no avail.  This time, I used a piece of foam packaging placed against the back of the cardstock I was cutting.  You may get even better results if you flip the sandwich so that the blades are up instead of down.  The foam is the kind that comes in sheet form and is used to wrap around fragile items to cushion them for mailing.  It worked perfectly in one pass-through!  This will now be my go-to for every balky die I have . . .

 

Cardstock:   Nicole #140 Premiere watercolor 

Stamps:        All Night Media Teddy Bear Trio, Catslife Press Boy

Definition, Cloud Nine Stamp Baby: “Cute”, Purple

Daisy Sand

Inks:             Distress Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye,

Antique Linen, ColorBox Black, Cream White,

Hero Black

Emb Pwdr:   Judikins Detail Black, Stamp ‘n Stuff Ivory Pearl

Dies:              Cottage Cuts Nested Stitched Scalloped Square,

Scastoe Grid, Mama Elephant Bold Banner,

InLoveArtShop English Letters: “Boy”                   

No comments:

Post a Comment