Monday, September 5, 2022

All American

Blue Ribbon #2  HOLIDAY category

As I used this card for my Fourth of July mailing three months ago, this is a re-cap from my post of June 30 . . .


The text is actually taken from one image.  I stamped it five times each on red, white, and blue cardstocks, and then cut them apart into strips.  The ends were notched on the right edges and alternate ones were pop dotted to make them look like banners flying in the breeze.  It took me three mornings to make enough for just five cards!

After mounting them on silver cardstock layered onto navy, I thought I was done.  But the layout seemed bottom heavy and needed some balanced interest at the top.  Enter some patriotic ribbon, a silver star, and a very traditional tassel to add some fun movement and texture.

Cardstock:   Mohawk Carnival Cover Red, Tim Holtz Silver Sparkle,

Scrap Navy

Stamps:        Eureka Fireworks

Inks:               ColorBox Silver, White, VersaFine Majestic Blue, Atelier

Shark Tooth White

Emb Pwdr:   All Night Media Silver Tinsel, Judikins Denim, Hero White

Dies:              Our Daily Bread Sunburst Background            

Doo Dads:    Stars and Stripes ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment