Thursday, November 25, 2021

Thankful

For this Thanksgiving card, I wanted to try out my beginning skills with the liquid watercolors I've been playing with.  The pumpkin images were small enough that I figured I couldn't screw up too badly . . .

I've lots more to learn but I still had a fun time with this one!  While I need to find ways to back out of boo boo's, I've learned so far that adding more water can usually mitigate at least some of the damage when color slips out of bounds.  To that end, heat embossing the image can be a great help in preventing spillover!

 

Cardstock:   Bazzill Rain Forest, Various watercolor papers 

Stamps:       Great Impressions Pumpkins in a Row, Purple Daisy

                     Sand

Inks:             VersaColor Brown

Waterclrs:    Concord & 9th Marmalade, Sprout, Parsley, Wheat

Emb Pwdr:  B’Muse Devil’s Food Delight

Dies:            DieNamics Verticle Stitched Strip, Frantic Stamper

                     “Thankful”, Spellbinders Fall Botanical              

No comments:

Post a Comment