Monday, November 1, 2021

Fleur

A few years ago, I bought four sets of Tim's Distress Crayons.  For some unknown reason, they didn't take me where I wanted to go, so they've been sitting on a shelf and mocking me ever since.  But recently, Tim did a great video on pairing the crayons with Frosted Crystal embossing powder and I got fired up again to give the crayons a try.


Tim suggested scribbling a dime-sized area on a craft sheet, then picking up the color with a waterbrush and painting with it.  It worked beautifully!  For this card, I lucked out by choosing a solid instead of a line image:  by stamping in black, any of the colors that may have gone outside the petal edges onto the black background are invisible! 

After stamping with the black pigment ink, I then scattered the Frosted Crystal EP over it and heated.  The result is a textured, slightly frosty look that is very appealing.

I now love these crayons, especially because the color you see in the crayon is the exact color you get!  Used as is, there is no fading or alteration of the colors in any way - just pure, saturated vibrancy.  Of course, you can get plenty of lighter shades and great blending, depending on how much water you add to the mix.  There are lots of choices with this medium and I plan to explore them all!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Carrot Cake, Cartiera Magnani Acquerello        

Stamps:       Impression Obsession Foliage

Waterclrs:    Distress Crayons Pine Needles, Twisted Citron,

                     Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed

Dies:            Reverse Confetti Reverse Note & Frames set, DieVersions

                     font Noodles: “Fleur”, EK Success punch Flower           

No comments:

Post a Comment