Thursday, December 17, 2020

Happiest

Signature artist Wendy Vecchi jumped the gun on coordinating stamps and stencils several years ago.  Here is one of her delightful designs . . .


I stenciled on the text background and then stamped the flower.  After adding black embossing powder, I found out that the die ink I used on the text hadn't dried yet and  the powder stuck randomly to some of the words.  My first thought was to break out my dry paint brush and start dusting, but I then realized how much interest the occasional black elements added to the background.  Now I have to figure out how I'm going to get that look on purpose next time!

The flower and the buds were stenciled with gold paste but I wanted a little more oomph, so I dusted on some gold embossing powder while the paste was still wet and then heated it.  As hoped, the buds bubbled a little which added to the texture.

 

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute, Strathmore #100 Bristol, Love Nicole Black       

Stamps:       Wendy Vecchi Prairie Flower, Purple Daisy Sand, Simon

                     Says Sketchy Banner Greetings

Inks:             Distress Brushed Corduroy, ColorBox Black, Gold, Hero Black

Emb Pwdr:  Judikins Detail Black, Sparkle & Sprinkle Gold Coast

Dies:            Lil Inkers Stitched Mats: Rectangles, Simon Says Sketchy

                     Banner Greetings

Stencil:        The Crafters Workshop Mini Believe Script, Wendy Vecchi

                     Prairie Flower

Impr Plate:   Altenew Dotted Starburst Cover Plate

Doo Dads:    Delta Texture Magic Metallic Gold            

No comments:

Post a Comment