Monday, October 7, 2019

Home


In August, my exceedingly dear friend and stamping buddy Carol and her husband moved from New Jersey to Pennsylvania to be nearer to their grandchildren.  The loss is huge and I miss her very much.  At least we have email and can stay in touch that way.  This was the card I made to welcome them to their new home . . .


Carol loves black and white along with Chinese Red so those are the colors I chose to compliment this comfy sofa and pillows.  The plank flooring  involved a little workaround:  the original image features planks that I felt were too wide for this layout, so after stamping once, I re-inked, moved the stamp to the right 1/4" and stamped again over the first stamping.  Now I have the narrow planks I wanted - easy peasy!

Cardstock:   Papers by Catherine White, Strathmore Ultimate White
Stamps:       My Favorite Things Sketched Chevron Background,
                     Impression Obsession Wooden Plank, Paula Best Sofa,
                     KaiserCraft Marble
Inks:             Gina K Amalgam Black, Distress Festive Berries,
                     ColorBox Black
Watercolors: Zig Real Brush Geranium Red, Carmine Red, Orange,
                     Yellow, May Green, Light Blue, English Lavender    
Emb Pwdr:   Judikins Black Diamond
Dies:            Impression Obsession Vase Set, Memory Box Branching
                     Out, DieVersion font Noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment