Monday, June 17, 2019

To You


I broke out the brayer for the background on this one . . .


The ivory color of the cardstock base wasn't the shade of creamy beige I was after, so I inked up my brayer with Antique Linen and went to work.  Until I figured out the best ways to stroke on the color, I didn't have much luck with brayering.  But I love that handy tool now!

I start at the bottom and go up, covering with a single layer of ink.  Then I rotate the cardstock 180°, re-ink and repeat.  I do the same two steps crosswise.  The result is usually an interesting, slightly textured look reminiscent of stone. 

Early in the process, however, the results are splotchy and the temptation is to correct that.  Don't.  Too much ink applied while going in one direction makes lines and densely inked areas that are hard to even out.  Just rotate the cardstock, re-ink, and stroke again.  If more ink is desired for a smoother look, I then go corner to corner diagonally.

The focal layer was colored with my Life Changing Brushes and then spattered with water.
 
For my much-loved sister-in-law:  may her birthday be a blessed one!

Cardstock:   Papers by Catherine White, Strathmore Ultimate White          
Stamps:       Stampendous Agapanthus Cluster, Taylored Expressions
                     Simple Strips Background
Inks:             Distress Antique Linen, Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord,
                     Frayed Burlap
Dies:            Studio Calico Nested Rectangles, Taylored Expressions
                     Simple Strips Background
Doo Dads:    Wink of Stella Black, Claudine Hellmuth, Black Gesso          


No comments:

Post a Comment