Thursday, June 13, 2019

A Special Father


When I began putting this layout together, it seemed that there was way too much white on the background, so I decided to tone it down a little . . .


 I took the lightest ink I have, inked up my favorite marble image, and stamped it over the entire background.  I love the subtle but effective results and will use this idea often in future. 

However, the rest of the layout does not exactly warm the cockles of my heart . . .  I've looked at it six ways from Sunday and cannot figure out how to fix it.  As Father's Day is nipping at my heels, I need to let this go, wish myself better luck next time, and move on to the next one. 

Meanwhile, a Happy Father's Day to one and all!

Cardstock:   Unknown Textured Blue, Strathmore #90 Watercolor
                     paper, Marcos Jute   
Stamps:       Stampin Up “For a Special Father”, KaiserCraft Marble
Inks:             Gina K Amalgam: Black, Whisper
Watercolors:   Zig Real Brush Haze Blue, Pale Green, Light Green,
                        Brick Beige
Dies:            Frantic Stamper Striped Frame & Insert, Elizabeth Craft 
                     Jewels 1               
Doo Dads:    Elizabeth Craft Peel Off Stickers: Black  

No comments:

Post a Comment