Thursday, December 6, 2018

Good Fortune


When I had some foot surgery recently, I had complications from the anesthesia and experienced four days of amnesia.  My doctor went above and beyond the call of duty during that perplexing stretch of time and I received the best care ever.  So at the very least, a card is in order.  My doctor is Vietnamese, so I went with an Asian theme . . .


I chose the image of the horseman because he reminded me of my empathetic doctor who indeed galloped to my rescue during those frightening days!

I used the Charlie Chan font to type the sentiment.  The Chinese text is printed on rice paper which is very thin.  So I glued it to a piece of cardstock to give it some much needed body.  The coin is attached with my favorite method of dealing with the hole that's in the middle of most such coins:  I cut a very narrow strip of black cardstock, push the ends through the hole, and insert a few dried pine needles through the loop.  The ends are pulled through from the back and taped down.  I use glue dots to attach the coin to the card front.  After covering the card with a thin piece of spongy packing material, this arrangement has so far made it thru the mail with no problem!

Cardstock:   Neenah Desert Storm, Generic rice papers Chinese Text      
Stamps:       MJ Barber Chinese Horseman, Unknown Chops
Inks:             Hero Black, Ancient Page Cardinal
Emb Powder:   Distress Black Soot
Emb Folder: Taylored Expressions Weathered
Dies:            Spellbinders Victorian Tags
Doo Dads:    Chinese coin, dried pine needles           

No comments:

Post a Comment