Monday, April 9, 2018

Nature


Here is an idea for a Guy Card!  A friend of ours was injured slightly in a car accident and I thought that a little peaceful contemplation of nature would bring him some serenity while he recovers . . .


The narrow dark frame was the result of a struggle with a stencil and embossing paste.  The idea was to create a dimensional frame around the center panel.  I found a stencil in my stash that would allow me to create the perfect straight line I was after.  Thank heavens I failed:  the uneven and rather untidy results suit this layout far better than a formal frame would have.  Occasionally, making a mess is a good  thing!

While the paste was still wet, I sprinkled on some Distress embossing powder which I love for its matte finish.  I waited until the paste dried in order to cure the powder with my heat gun.  I could have left it as is because the texture was great, but heating will  make it stronger and better able to withstand the less-than-loving ministrations of the cancelling machines at the post office.

Cardstock:   Bazzill Bon Bon, Dark Olive, Strathmore Kid’s Paint Pad
                        watercolor paper, Generic Chocolate     
Stamps:       Just For Fun Trees Background, Stamp Zia “Nature”
Inks:             Distress Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs, Fired Brick,
                        Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint
Emb Powder:   Distress Walnut Stain, Zippies Transcendence
Dies:            Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges, Memory Box Stitched
                        Rectangle Trimmings, Impression Obsession Bare Branch,
                        Arich Rounded Corners Stitched Rectangles                 
Stencil:        The Crafters Workshop Stitch Doodle Dot (frame)         

No comments:

Post a Comment