Monday, April 2, 2018

Laugh, Learn, Live


The poppies, background and the bamboo shoots are three happy refugees from my Stash Box.  When I'm in need of inspiration, I dive into the box and nearly always come up with ideas for the next project . . .


But the real discovery was the gold textured strip under the poppies.  It's not metal - it's shelf liner!  I've lost  the label so I don't know if it's vinyl or silicone, but probably the former.  I cut a strip from the roll, inked it with VersaMark, dusted it with gold embossing powder, and heated it.  The strip remained soft and completely flexible - just as if nothing had been done to it.  To attach it to the card front, I used my favorite glue:  Elmer's School Glue.  It's every bit as flexible, matte, and strong as Multi Medium Matte, but at 1/7th the price.  And you can find it on the shelves of your local supermarket.

I love the results:  it has the look of hammered metal but is lightweight, easy to work with, and cheap!  I plan to collect a few rolls of shelf liner in different patterns (hopefully I'll find some lacy ones) and will play around with various metallic and non-metallic embossing powders.  Also some dies.  Stay tuned for whatever I can come up with.  Better yet, try it out yourself!

Cardstock:   Strathmore Kid’s Paint Pad Watercolor paper   
Stamps:       Starving Artistamps Positive Words
Inks:             Adirondack Color Wash Cranberry, Tattered Angels
                        Glimmer Mist Peach Delight, Tsukineko Walnut Ink
                        Walnut, Distress Brushed Corduroy, VersaMark
Emb Powder:   Judikins Detail Black, Ranger Gold
Dies:            Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges, Memory Box
                        Bamboo Shoots                
Stencil:        Sweet Stamps Circle Pavers        
Doo Dads:    Mesh shelf liner, Wink of Stella Gold      

No comments:

Post a Comment