Monday, December 11, 2017

You & Me

There was a time when I thought I had to know exactly where I was going with a card's design before I could actually sit down and make it happen.  Those constricted days are long gone, thank heavens.  They were exhausting.  It's a lot more fun to pick an element I like and just run with it . . .


This one started out with a sponged panel in green and blue, over which I gold embossed the leafy background.  The Muse took a little while to produce the other elements (she drags her feet a lot), but they eventually came together very peacefully.  The part I like best is the finish on the gold embossing powder - instead of the usual smooth and shiny look, this powder cures to a textured appearance that looks like hammered gold.  I love it so much that I bought an 8 ounce jar so that I would never run out!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Admiral, Strathmore Soft White   
Stamps:       Impression Obsession Greenery
Inks:             ColorBox Gold, Distress Chipped Sapphire, Pine Needles
Emb Powder:   Ranger Gold
Dies:            Spellbinders A2 Distressed Edges, Memory Box
                        Timberland Collage, Cottage Cutz Birch Trees and Deer,
                        Spellbinders You & Me
Doo Dads:    Pilot Marker Gold     

No comments:

Post a Comment