Thursday, July 6, 2017

Just For You

This one was a major struggle to pull together and I have no idea why.  All of the elements are very beautiful, so I was thinking this would come together in a snap.  I worked with it off and on for a week and wasn't making any real progress.  But I have learned something significant in the process, so the struggle was entirely worthwhile . . .


Starting with a splotchy background I loved, I got a little glitzy with the border on the left.  After toning it down with a stick-like overlay, I was ready to add a design and some text to the rest of the card.  I tried several small trees, and two versions of some text. 

No go.  Very frustrating. 

For some reason, I pulled out an extremely large leafy die and slapped it down.  Voila!  That did it.  I can see now that my earlier attempts were on the timid side and they got lost in all the pattern and texture.  So the lesson I learned was essentially this: 
Go big or go home.

I shall remember this approach in future . . .

Cardstock:   Neenah Desert Storm, Generic Vellum, Dark Brown
Stamps:        Unknown “Just For You”
Inks:               ColorBox Gold, VersaMark, Gina K Charcoal Brown                
Colorants:    Copic T6 Toner Gray, E37 Sepia, E89 Pecan
Emb Powder:   Ranger Gold 
Dies:              Poppy Stick Frame Border, Hero Palm Fancy Die, 
                           Tattered Lace Everyday Sentiments: "Just for You"                   
Stencil:          The Crafters Workshop Mini Cubist
Doo Dads:    Sparkle ‘n Sprinkle Fantasy Gold, Dreamweaver Translucent 
                          Embossing Paste, Wink of Stella Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment