Monday, July 31, 2017

Thinking of You

Brace yourselves:  I'm reverting to my tie die days!  Yes, dear readers, I actually wore clothing that looked just like this . . .


After a recent post on Splitcoast Stampers here I had a terrific time experimenting with the technique.  It's quick, easy, fun and with minimal mess.

It uses coffee filters, baby wipes, and either dye ink pads or reinkers.  Coffee filters come in white or tan and I am having a ball with both.  To stabilize the flimsy filter after it is colored, it is glued to a piece of cardstock that has been cut to the desired size.  I use a glue stick for this which is the only reliable use of a glue stick I've ever found in card making.  White filters should be backed with white cardstock which really makes the open white areas stand out.  The tan filters look best when backed with Kraft cardstock, and then mounted onto a Kraft card front which really pulls the look together.

There's no way to fail with this technique - everything you do will work!  When the wrinkled filter is pressed down onto the stabilizer cardstock, the result looks just like fabric.  Awesome stuff, for sure.  I've made up quite a few samples in many colors, and I'll be posting all of them.  Enjoy!

Cardstock:   Marco’s Jute, Melitta coffee filter Tan      
Stamps:        Kaisercraft Marble, Stamp Pad “Thinking of you”
Inks:               Ancient page reinkers Cardinal, Mandarin, Lemon,
                           VersaMark
Emb Powder:   Stampendous Aged Gold
Dies:              Poppy Stick Frame Border, Prima Forest Leaves,
                           Hero Frame Cuts
Doo Dads:    American Crafts Jute Red  

1 comment:

  1. I've been scrolling your blog and everything is wonderful!!! I'm really lovin' these tye die pieces and am going to have a play with this the next time our daughter-in-law and I get together to get inky!!!

    ReplyDelete