Thursday, October 27, 2016

Witchin'

This one did not come together smoothly, and it was all because of a few color issues . . .


And here's a look at the inside . . .


If I stamped the hat in black over black cardstock, I'd get wonderful texture but no visible design.  And since I wanted the card itself to be black, I was in a pickle.  I tried stamping on a gray cardstock background, but that fell flat.  Then I tried stamping the hat on white cardstock and coloring in with gray.  That seemed to work.  The clincher was when I did some grunge-style (ie: artistically sloppy on purpose) silver embossing  around the two main elements.  That tied everything together and yet provide some needed contrast.

Happy Halloween!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Raven, Strathmore Ultimate White
Stamps:        Unity You Witch!, Stampington Fresh Flowers (broom)
Inks:               ColorBox Black, Silver
Emb Powder:   Distress Black Soot, Delafield Silver
Dies:              Spellbinders Fancy Tags 2, Deckled Rectangles Large
Colored Pencils:     Inktense Tangerine, Apple Green, Neutral Gray
Markers:        Copic Tuscan Orange, Chrome Orange
Message:      Amuse Witch Feet, DRS Shoe Fits Greeting 

No comments:

Post a Comment