Monday, August 1, 2016

Happily Ever After

I never know exactly what is going to pop up in front of me and jumpstart a card.  Inspiration has a variety of triggers and staying open to many sources of creativity is a good thing.  This card started off with the embossed leaf background . . .


I found some dies whose shapes were similar to the embossed leaves, so I cut two of those.  Then I found the leafy border die in a drawer I hadn't been able to get open without a hernia threatening to undo me.  After a determined struggle, I took it to a cabinetmaker who went to work on the sides with a serious sander, and now I can get at a bunch of cubes and bolios I haven't seen in years.

As I said, inspiration comes from many sources . . .

Cardstock:   Marcos #110 Jute, Bazzill Rain Forest
Stamps:        Judikins Mini Bolio Rough Lines, Stampers Anonymous
                           Newspaper Scraps Background, Simon Says Tilted
                           Banner Sayings
Inks:               VersaMark, Papertrey Ink Classic Kraft, Hero Black
Emb Powder:   Adirondack Moss
Dies:              Lil Inkers Stitched Mats: Rectangles, DieNamics Layered
                           Leaves, Spellbinders Signs of Spring (bird), Impression
                           Obsession Banners & Tails
Emb Folder: Ultimate Crafts Screen of Leaves
Doo Dads:    May Arts Jute

No comments:

Post a Comment