Thursday, June 16, 2016

Family

My dear friend and stamping buddy Carol recently gifted me with a booklet on Asian embellishments and accents for cards.  Among its many wonderful ideas, I found a simple Mizuhiki knot I thought would be fun to try . . .


 Once you get the knot fashioned from a single cord, the rest is easy:  you just thread succeeding cords right next to the previous one.  I used four cords on this one which made the knot just wide enough to handle the 1/8" red liner tape I used on the back to stabilize the knot and fasten it to the card front.

As for the corrugated strip, I wondered what would happen if I ran it through my die cutting machine.  Voila!  Lots of texture remains, but with way less bulk.

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute, Bazzill Juneberry, Generic Kraft Corrugated paper,
                           Washi paper
Stamps:        Judikins Teachings of Buddha, Zum Gali Gali Oaks, Unknown
                           Chinese “Love”
Inks:               Hero Black
Colored Pencil:  Prisma Framboise
Dies:              Lil Inkers Stitched Mats: Rectangles, Wplus9 Banner Trio,
                           Repeat Impressions Flip Stitch Set
Doo Dads:    Mizuhiki cords Black, Inkssentials Enamel Accents Black


No comments:

Post a Comment