Thursday, March 3, 2016

It's Your Birthday

As should be obvious to anyone who has seen as few as three of my blog posts,  texture is what truly floats my boat . . .


This card base features a new embossing folder that I may as well keep handy on my table and never put it away.  It just arrived in the mail yesterday and I've already used it three times.  The colored layer has some sponged white gesso which freshens up the dark colors.  After the gesso dried, I did some stenciling with translucent embossing paste.  This provides a subtle, non-intrusive, watermark-style texture that works well with just about any layout.

A couple of white-embossed feathers, a jute knot, a stitched text box, and I think we're done with this tribute to texture.  On to the next one!

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute
Stamps:        Stampin’ Up “They say it’s your birthday”
Inks:               Distress Pine Needles, Dusty Concord, ColorBox Frost White
Emb Powder:   Stampendous Shabby White
Dies:              Lil Inkers Stitched Mats: Rectangles, Spellbinders Feathers
Emb Folder: Taylored Expressions Weathered
Stencil:          The Crafters Workshop Mini Tile Texture
Doo Dads:    Faber Castell Gel Medium, Liquitex Gesso White, Jute knot

No comments:

Post a Comment