Monday, March 21, 2016


Full Disclosure:  this is quite possibly the ugliest card I have ever made . . .

When I started this blog, I decided to be up front with all of my attempts – warts and all. So here's my latest wart.  My usual method of dealing with layouts that just aren't going well is to just keep stumbling along . . . the theory being that maybe I'll get lucky and find some clever doo dad or technique that will lift me out of the hole I've dug myself into.

Didn't happen this time.  But I DID find something new to try that saved this layout from being a 100% failure.  The stencil work done in the lower half was done by spraying the stencil – not the cardstock – and then laying it down over the cardstock.  The results are imprecise and work well when you want a less rigid, more random look.

And now I'm signing off – I cannot bear to look at this thing any longer.  Better luck next time!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Santillo, The Paper Cut White Matte Coat,
                           Watercolor paper
Stamps:        Hero To/From Petals
Inks:               Adirondack Color Wash Terra Cotta, Stamp Zia Chroma
                           Sprays Moss, Citron, Lava, ColorBox Frost White, Distress
                           Peeled Paint
Emb Powder:   Judikins Opaque White
Dies:              DieNamics Pierced Rectangle Frame, McGill punch
Stencil:          The Crafter’s Workshop Mini Chevron Tiles
Doo Dads:    White brad, USArt Quest Effectz Gold Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment