Monday, January 25, 2016

No Matter

Our delightful neighbors gifted us with an amazing variety of fruit for my husband's birthday, so naturally I had to pull out some of my favorite fruit images for a proper thank you note . . .


The message inside reads, "You're the best!"

I tried a little variation in color application with this one:  I used Distress Stains to dab on the first layer of color.  This helped me see if the color scheme worked and also to see if I liked the proportion of space allotted to each color.  Then, I sponged on the same colors using the Distress ink pads this time, which gave me deeper color intensity.  I went for my favorite splotchy/blotchy look which I enhanced by flicking on some water droplets.  A few punchy little snippets of stripes and I'm done . . . on to the next one!

Cardstock:   Champion Snow Day, Tim Holtz Watercolor paper
Stamps:        A Stamp in the Hand Pineapple, Fruit Definitions, Purple Onion
                            Citrus Set: “No matter how you slice it . . .”, Studio L2
                           Studio Borders VI
Inks:               ColorBox Frost White, Black, Hero Black, Distress Mowed
                           Lawn, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey
Emb Powder:   Judikins Opaque White, Detail Black
Dies:              Papertrey Ink Angled Labels



No comments:

Post a Comment