Monday, January 4, 2016

Love

I had a specific design plan in mind when I began with this project, but it promptly croaked.  The original color scheme looked like a mistake instead of a plan, so – on to Plan #2.  This involved changing the colors to darker ones . . .



First, I laid down the Mosaic Heart stencil over the original colors, applied the stencil paste and then added the glitter.  When dry, I dusted off the excess and then sponged on some Chocolate Brown Gelatos.  I was delighted to find that the gleam and glitter still shone through.  Some of the original rusty color also shows which gives the glittery heart some warmth – a good thing, as this card is for an anniversary. 

Currently, I'm in the throes of an all-out glitter phase; bear with me while it runs its course.  Meanwhile, I'm having fun reflecting a whole lotta light . . .

Cardstock:   Bazzill Pinecone, Strathmore #90 Watercolor paper
Inks:               Gelatos Chocolate, Licorice, Black Cherry, Cinnamon,
                           Iced Chai
Emb Powder:   Sparkles Egyptian Gold, USArt Quest Effectz Gold Essence
Dies:              Impression Obsession Large Bow, Tim Holtz Alphanumeric
Stencil:          Simon Says Mosaic Heart
Doo Dads:    Dreamweaver Metallic Gold Embossing Paste


No comments:

Post a Comment