Monday, December 7, 2015

Learning to Fly

I thought the sentiment on this card was perfect for my young friend Ashley who just turned sixteen . . .


This was yet another happy adventure with gesso:  I wanted it to stay a cloud-like white so I sponged on the background colors first.  After heat-drying them, I used a stencil brush to dab on a few layers of gesso, using my heat gun after each layer.  It was quick, random, and blissfully easy.  A quick rinse for the stencil brush (don't delay with this) and the sky looked great – hope the texture shows in the photo . . .

Cardstock:   Strathmore #90 Watercolor paper, Generic Textured White,
                           Black                     
Stamps:        Technique Junkies "Learning to Fly"                  
Inks:               Distress Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord, ColorBox Black
Emb Powder:   Judikins Detail Black
Dies:              Cheery Lynn Hot Air Balloons, Spellbinders Labels Eight,
                           Scalloped Rectangles Short                               
Doo Dads:    Bob Ross Gesso White, Tulip Hot Fix Nail Heads 
                          Purple                   


No comments:

Post a Comment