Monday, December 30, 2013

Dream

Last year, I saw an adorable idea using giant paperclips (4” long!) topped with Spellbinders’ Decorative Dress Forms.  The Paperclip Bookmark inspiration was on Splitcoast Stampers [HERE]* and I decided these would make perfect Christmas gifts for six of my nearest and dearest, including the members of my stamp club.  So here they are . . . 


The more I did, the more I wanted to do, so like Topsy, the project just grew!  As I’d die cut plenty of dress forms, I had leftovers and decided to use them to decorate the gift bags as well.   Unfortunately, the bags have a slight sheen which produced a glare no matter how I angled the bags, so please forgive the poor photography.
 

I had a ball with these little ladies and I’m looking forward to making more of them!

Cardstock:      Marcos Jute, Antique Linen, Bazzill Raven, assorted designer
                                papers    
Stamps:           Creative Catalyst Tweed Border, Frog’s Whiskers Straight
                                & Narrow Border, So She Stamps “Dream”      
Inks:                Distress Old Paper, Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy,
                               Papertrey Ink Chai,  ColorBox Black           
Dies/Punches:              Spellbinders Decorative Dress Forms, Fancy Tags, Fancy
                               Tags 2, Memory Box Pippi, Isabella Butterflies
Emb Powder:    Judikins Detail Black
Doo Dads:        Martha Stewart Border Stickers, K & Company
                                 Adhesive Trims, brads, paper flowers, Staples Mega
                                Clips, aquarium  gravel (to weight the box and make
                                 it more stable), crystals, Black gift bags

* The Splitcoast Stampers Tutorial at this link features a different project, but the accompanying video shows clear instructions on how to make the decorated paper clips featured on my blog.  I added a few steps to the original instructions in order to give the box and the giant paper clips greater stability – anyone interested in the details is welcome to write me for further instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment