Monday, November 12, 2012

Thankful Hearts

I’ve heard it said that there is no such thing as a truly original artist.  That’s because inspiration is absolutely everywhere and if we strive to be attuned to it, our work cannot help but be influenced by it.  And that’s a good thing!



The background on this card was inspired by a banner headline on an email I got last week.  As so often happens, my interpretation looks nothing like the original – which is somewhat annoying as I really was striving for a particular effect – but that’s OK:  at least no one can ever accuse me of plagiarism!  Still, I think I’ll go back downstairs and try again to come up with something closer to the original piece of art:
I really did like that header . . .

Cardstock:         Bazzill Raven, Beckett Candlelight, Generic Red
Stamps:              Just For Fun Two-Sided stamps: Hawthorne, Oak, Sawtooth Edge,
                              Smooth Edge, CC Rubber Stamps Fibers, Stampers Anonymous Skeleton
                              Leaf, Above the Mark Leaf Background, Hero “Thankful Hearts”
Inks:                    Distress Barn Door, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Archival Jet Black,
                              Ancient Page Coal, Perfect Pearls Mist
Emb Powder:    B’Muse Devil’s Food Delight
Dies/Punches:   Cheery Lynn Tropical Leaves, Wplus9 Banner Trio, 1/8” corner punch
Emb Folder:       Cuttlebug embossing folder Mesh

No comments:

Post a Comment