Monday, November 19, 2012

Purple Butterfly

Inspired by an idea I found on Jennifer McGuire’s blog awhile ago, I tackled my four-container, disorganized conglomeration of twelve years of saved scraps and organized them by color – each to its own clear plastic bag.  Each bag contains a variety of solid color, heat and dry-embossed, multi-colored scraps and leftover die cuts.  There’s a whole lotta inspiration there when I open a bag and spread out all of its treasures.  What a boost to card creation they are . . .


 . . .  my productivity has zoomed because each bag contains scores of already-made materials which gives my oft-balky Muse a kick in the creative chops and gets me a wonderful head start.  The background on this card was the jumpstart for the rest of the layout – other cards have used two and even three elements I might not have thought of had I not seen them.  I love my Scrap File and wish I’d put it together a lot sooner . . .

Cardstock:         Bazzill Intense Yellow, Watercolor paper, Beckett Iceberg, Generic Dark
                             Purple
Stamps:              Only on the inside!
Inks:                    Distress Stains Concord Grape, Broken China, Mowed Lawn, Mustard
                               Seed, Spiced Marmalade, PaperTrey Ink Fresh Snow, Gelly Roll Clear
                               Star pen, Perfect Pearls Mist
Dies/Punches:   Spellbinders Petite Scalloped Ovals Small, Joy Butterfly, Cheery Lynn
                               Lace Corner Deco B, Memory Box Fresh Daisies, 3/8” corner punch
Doo Dads:          Viva Pearl Pen Ice White

No comments:

Post a Comment