Monday, May 14, 2012

Heartfelt Sympathy

After being blown away by Vicky Papaioannou’s exquisite card just below . . .



 which was featured on the Lily Pad Blog post of April 29, I headed to my Laughin’ Place downstairs to see what I could do with her ideas.  As the supplies in my stash contained neither the dies nor the stamps she used, I dug out what I had and came up with the following interpretation . . .


The changes I made are more in line with the softer needs of a sympathy card – but I’m very happy with the fact that Vicky’s basic idea can be used in a number of applications.  The patterned background is propped up with foam tape and the butterfly bodies have their own narrow strip of foam tape.  The wings are also guaranteed to stay aloft with another smidge of foam tape placed on the card front right next to the body.  I still want to do the card with Vicky’s original supplies, so if you’ll please excuse me, I need* to go and order them!

*”Need” is a relative term in the stamping world – it’s on a par with “I need to pay the rent”, or “I need to buy groceries”.  Among real stampers, those two events are often rescheduled . . .

Cardstock:     Bazzill Latte, Beckett Candlelight
Stamps:         Prickley** Pear Mini Butterfly set, Impression Obsession Swirl Background, My   Sympathies Exactly Sympathy Sentiments Set
Inks:                Distress Antique Linen, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers YG03, Y15, V22, and P83
Dies:              Prickley** Pear Mini Butterfly die

** Yes, “Prickley” may be misspelled, but that’s how the company has done it . . .

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my card. Your card is so elegant and beautiful. Love the coloring and the background. Always makes me so happy to know that fellow crafters are inspired by my cards and howto videos. Hugs, Vicky.

    ReplyDelete