Monday, July 12, 2021

It's Your Day

 Annoying News:

Feedburner is the company that has been notifying you whenever I post a new card.  But they have just announced that they will not be providing this email service anymore.  There doesn't seem to be a backup company waiting in the wings so we bloggers are being left high and dry.  As I said, annoying.  However, I have no intention of quitting my blog.  Until I leave the planet, I will be posting every Monday and Thursday as I've done for the last nine years.  I hope you will continue to share this creative journey with me!

Now it's on to today's card . . .

When I started with this layout, I had in mind a leafy window cut into the card front.  But that's not at all how it turned out . . .


 It wound up looking like a framed portrait of a leaf.  Funny how things get re-designed along the way . . .

The original background behind the leaf started out as a dull gold which I thought would contrast nicely with the vibrant colors in the leaves.  Didn't work.  So I painted over it with some shimmery gold watercolor.  Happily, it went from flat to fabulous!  Well, at least it improved things a great deal . . .

 

 Cardstock:   Strathmore #90 Mixed Media, Two Cool Colors Dull

                     Gold, Red/Gold embossed papers from my Scrap Stash       

Stamps:       Stampin Up It’s your day!

Inks:             VersaMark

Waterclrs:    The Art Spirits - Twinkle Glitter Paint Gold          

Emb Pwdr:  BMuse Metallic Marmalade

Dies:            Altenew Leaf Mix, Tropical Leaf Mix, Arich “Rounded

                     Corners Stitched Rectangles”      

Emb Fldr:    Taylored Expressions Weathered

No comments:

Post a Comment