Monday, October 9, 2023

Cheers

I love working with acetate and have used it many times along the way.  It’s fun to add some dimensional elements to a piece of acetate and then use pop dots to suspend it over the card front.  Shadows and depth are thus created and it makes for a very unique card.  But what I don’t like is the shiny hard surface on the acetate.  Happily, after some research, I came up with a much nicer alternative . . .


Graffix Acetate Matte is an almost clear substrate that can be used where vellum often is but it’s sheerer.  It will take ink and other media and has a softly diffused surface with a gentle gleam instead of a hard shine.  Still, I’m also checking out tracing papers to see if there are any truly sheer ones.  But in the meantime, I am really happy with the way this card turned out.  I’ve got plenty of ideas buzzing around in my head for future window cards, so brace yourselves!

                

Cardstock:   Unknown Wheat, Grafix Matte Acetate, Canson

Montval Watercolor #140     

Inks:             Distress Peeled Paint, Rusty Hinge

Dies:            Memory Box Double Stitch Rectangle Cut Out,

InLoveArts Potted Cactus, TK Online Celebration Set:

“Cheers”, Impression Obsession Dragonfly Set

Doo Dads:    Wink of Stella Clear

No comments:

Post a Comment