Monday, May 29, 2023

All the Best

The mixed media style has really begun to interest me lately.  So I was delighted when SplitCoastStampers featured a mixed media design to start me off.  Here’s my first attempt:


One of the most appealing aspects about mixed media is that depending on your choices, you can use several products you already have – and maybe even some you’ve not used in awhile.  This card features gesso, acrylic paint, a stencil, gritty stencil paste,  metallic rub-ons, and a few die cuts.  I hadn’t used my metallic rub-ons in ages and as a result of applying a gold one on this card, I’ve fallen in love with them all over again.  While I used to use my fingertip to apply the rub-on, this time, I tried a sponge dauber and was delighted with how smoothly it just glided right on.

I love the loose, there-are-no-rules style that mixed media is famous for.  You can try out anything at all and if you’re not thrilled with the result, then slather something else over it and keep going.  I am now seriously hooked on the mixed media style and I plan to do it to death . . . SO much fun!

Cardstock    Canson Montval Watercolor #140

Stamps:       Zettiology Specimen Latin Text

Inks:             Archival Jet Black

Colorants:    Anita’s Acrylic Paint Sand Box, Craf-T Products

Metallic Rub-On Earth Tones Kit #2: Deep Gold

Dies:            Impression Obsession “All the”, Honey Bee Blanket Set:

“Best”, Marianne Butterflies                   

Stencil:        American Classic Jacobean Floral

Doo Dads:    Art Anthology stencil paste Sandstone, Studio Gesso

White, White Blossom Jewel Stickers Black      

No comments:

Post a Comment