Thursday, June 24, 2021

Journey

A return to my favorite elements of Khaki, Cream, Black and lots of text . . .

 


After stamping the text background, I cut out the rectangular window and mounted the text layer over some black cardstock.  I had to guess as to where I wanted the window and hindsight tells me I should have positioned it lower than it is.  In order to add weight to the bottom and improve the balance of the layout, I decided to give the vase something to stand on.  It started out to be a flourished strip but since this is a guy card, I snipped off the frou frou, leaving an irregular edge.  I think it worked!

 

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute, Nicole Licorice, Scrap Cream       

Stamps:       Hero Friend Definition, KaiserCraft Marble

Inks:             Hero Black, ColorBox Cream White

Emb Pwdr:  Stamp-n Stuff Ivory Pearl

Dies:            Lil Inker Stitched Mats Rectangles, Goodculler Stitched

                     Rectangles, Papertrey Ink Mega Gracious Vases,

                     Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms, Frantic Stamper Journey,

                     Gemini Opulent Swirls            

Doo Dads:    Twig, Foamiran, Viva Pearl Pen Cream  

No comments:

Post a Comment