Monday, January 4, 2021

Palm

This one definitely scores one hundred on the Glitz-O-Meter . . .


 . . . but I love gold, so I gave it free rein today.  I have no idea what the camera will do with it, but we'll soon find out.

 The idea was to showcase the original background piece which became a stitched frame.  My friend Carol and I took a wildly creative class from Fred Mullett a number of years ago and this gloriously colored piece was one of the results.  But the original die cut fern overlay I attempted was done in teal with gold embossed accents.  Looked awful.  So I went with the all gold look which, oddly enough, made the frame stand out more . . . exactly what I wanted.

The skimpy supply list below does not reflect the several hours it took to figure out how to put this together.  But that's the name of my game for sure.  Meanwhile, I've got two more artsy pieces from Fred's class to play with, so brace yourselves . . .

 

Cardstock:   Bazzill Lagoon, inked scrap from a Fred Mullett Class,

                     Hanko Echizen Gold       

Dies:            Impression Obsession Large Frame, Hero Palm Fancy,

                     Tim Holtz Alphanumeric Tiny Upper                   

Punch:         EK Success Scalloped Corners


No comments:

Post a Comment