Monday, August 3, 2020

Happy Birthday


As my stash contains no sports images that would appeal to a 12 year old boy, I figured a sparkly cake might be a good stand-in for my favorite pre-teener . . .


I die cut the cake in three different colors and covered the back with tape so that I could easily add the inlays taken from the two other die cuts.  Inlaying the design went faster than you might think.  The sentiment was stamped onto a little flag and mounted on a silvered toothpick.  A few sparkly bits and I think we're done . . .

Cardstock:   Bazzill Generic Blue, Yellow, White, Orange     
Stamps:       Stampin Up Happy Birthday
Inks:             Distress Stormy Sky
Colorants:    Pilot Marker Silver
Dies:            Lil Inker Stitched Mats: Rectangles, DieVersions Cut the
                     Cake, Savvy Cake Plates, Impress Candle, Impression
                     Obsession Flags                 
Doo Dads:    Metalix Glitter Moondust    

1 comment:

  1. So cute and perfect! Though I’m not sure if a 12 year old boy would agree to the “cute” description.

    ReplyDelete