Monday, May 21, 2018

Blessings


While working with another sunflower image a few weeks ago, I decided to pull out this larger version and see if my Gansai Tambi watercolors blended as well as I'd heard they do . . .


  . . . and do they ever!  A colorist I'm not, but I had so much fun with this image because the colors blended so beautifully.  After laying down a narrow band of orange next to the center of the flower, I filled in the rest of the petals with yellow.  Then I took a water brush and used small circular motions to bring the orange out into the yellow areas.  It was quick and simple and has me all hopped up to do a whole lot more water coloring!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Pinecone, Strathmore Watercolor paper
Stamps:       Local King Sunflower, Stampin’ Up Itty Bitty Backgrounds,
                        Red Rubber “Blessings”
Inks:             Ancient Page Chocolate
Watercolors:   Gansai Tambi 43 Mid Yellow, 33 Orange, 54 Olive Green
Emb Powder:   Zing Opaque Chestnut
Dies:            Mama Elephant Femme Frames                                     
Doo Dads:    Adirondack Earthtones: Espresso

No comments:

Post a Comment