Thursday, September 22, 2016

Garden

Blue Ribbon winner #7 PLUS the ribbon for the Show Special!
Every time I break out a stencil, I wonder why I don't use one on every single card I make . . .


Stencils have such a variety of uses:  they work for entire backgrounds but are also unbeatable for partial use in small areas.  You can work with color sprays, sponge on the color, or the best – in my view – using stencil paste for incredible texture.  However, on this layout, I kept the background flat by sponging on the colors, as I knew I'd have plenty of texture with the popped-up words.

And thus endeth this year's romp through the Home and Hobby section of the NJ State Fair.  I hope you enjoyed the scenic tour through my stamped creations for 2016!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Simon, The Paper Cut Watercolor paper, scrap stash
Stamps:        Serendipity “Flowers”, So She Stamps “Garden”, Starving
                           Artistamps “Flora”, “Fauna”, Unknown “Fleur”, “Garden”
Inks:               Distress Peeled Paint, Pumice Stone, Faded Jeans, Perfect
                           Pearls Mist Pewter, Gelly Roll pen Clear Star
Dies:              Serendipity Bird
Stencil:          Tim Holtz Burlap
Doo Dads:    deckle edged scissors, Jones Tones Pearl Paint Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment