Thursday, May 19, 2016

With Sympathy

Aren't you lucky . . . you get to see my very first attempt with a new technique . . .


Yes, I've got miles to go with it before I'll get the technique down, but we all gotta start somewhere and today was my maiden voyage.  Welcome aboard!  But first, take a look at a real expert HERE

The Elegant Writer pen has a marvelous capability:  after drawing with it along the inside edge of an open, stamped image, you can use a water brush and move the color around for instant shading!  You get a soft, watercolor-y look with very little effort. 

Once it dries, it's permanent, so if you want more color, you can add real watercolors on top of it without disturbing the shading.  That's what I did here, and to maximize my ability to move color around, I stamped the image on vellum.  I ran some white cardstock through my Xyron and backed the vellum with it.  Then I die cut the layer with a stitched square die.  Lots of fun, more practice ahead, but I'm loving this Elegant Writer pen!

Cardstock:   Generic White Mesh, Constellation Snow Day, Bazzill Kachina,
                           The Paper Cut White Matte Coat, Glama Vellum #40 Clear,
                           Strathmore Bright White
Stamps:        Stamp La Jolla Satin Flower Square, All Night Media “With
                           Sympathy”, Stamps by Judith Dots
Inks:               Hero Black, Distress Black Soot, Speedball Elegant Writer
                           Marker Black, VersaMark
Emb Powder:   Judikins Black Diamond
Dies:              Lil Inker Stitched Mats Squares, Papertrey Ink Sketched Shapes,                           PoppyCraft Grosgrain Ribbons, Spellbinders Petite Scalloped
                          Oval, EK Success punch Cross
Watercolors:   Zig Clean Color Cobalt Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment