Monday, April 25, 2016

Love

Yes, this is a little late for Valentine's Day.  But I liked it enough to share it anyway.  Besides, aren't loving greetings welcome any time of the year?


 Actually, this was my Valentine's card for my husband.  I thought it would be fun to go for a masculine feel, so after heat embossing the white sketchy hearts, I went with some dark and light browns, using my favorite background technique:  both browns were smooshed onto my craft sheet, misted with water, and then I laid the watercolor panel into the droplets. 

A blast with the heat gun to dry things up, then back onto the craft sheet to pick up the remaining droplets.  More heat, and then some fun with white and clear mist solutions that I applied with the dropper instead of the mister in order to get more concentrated results.  Things got freshened up with plenty of white and then I added a small pop of red as a nod to tradition.  Not too fussy and my guy loved it – yay!

Cardstock:   Champion Snow Day, The Paper Cut Watercolor paper,
                           Generic Red
Stamps:        Hero Floating Hearts, Unknown “Love”
Inks:               Distress Walnut Stain, Brushed Corduroy, Mister Huey’s
                           Color Mists Calico White, Calico Shine, Warm Calico,
                           Ancient Page Cardinal
Emb Powder:   Judikins Opaque White, BMuse Ruby Red
Dies:              Lil Inkers Stitched Mats Rectangles, Simon Says Sketch Heart,
                           Wplus9 Banner Trio


No comments:

Post a Comment