Monday, February 8, 2016

Too Cute

This is the second of my two posts using the Reverse Ink Smooshing technique.
Scroll down for last week's sample, and a link to a one minute video showing you how easy this is to do . . .



On this one, I wanted to keep the stamped image lighter than the surrounding area.  I didn't mind a little color encroachment but I wanted some white areas showing.  So I put the acetate over the image and drew the rectangular shape on the acetate with a black Sharpie.  That gave me a guideline for smooshing.  After turning the acetate over, I used mini ink pads and put down the lightest color around the rectangle.  Then came the medium color after which I edged with the darkest.

As before, I misted the image and then laid the smooshed acetate down on top of it.  After heat drying, I laid down the acetate a second time – you'll find that there's plenty of ink left on the acetate for 2nd and even 3rd applications. 

It's these 2nd and 3rd applications that give you those lovely random droplets and shading, so don't stint on these!  Be sure to heat dry between each app . . .

TIP:  Sharpie's black ink is zippy-quick and easy to remove with a spritz of alcohol.

Cardstock:   Bazzill Ocean, Champion Snow Day, Tim Holtz Watercolor
Stamps:        Stampendous Baby Boy Block, Cloud 9 Stamp Baby:
                           Safety Pins, Studio G “Too Cute”
Inks:               ColorBox Black, Distress Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans,
                        Chipped Sapphire
Emb Powder:   Judikins Detail Black
Dies:              Lil Inker Stitched Mats: Rectangles
Doo Dads:    Sally Hanson Nail Studs Black

No comments:

Post a Comment