Thursday, May 21, 2015

Young At Heart

My baby brother turns a significant 70 in two days and I thought this card would certainly suit the occasion . . .


Has anyone used Copics on watercolor paper before?  I hadn't, until this card.  After heat embossing the image, I went work with my Copics and didn't have a lick of trouble with color spreading beyond the image outlines.  A colorist I'm not, but the small amount of blending I wanted to do worked very well on this paper.  So I'll be using it again!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Leapfrog, Generic textured Sky Blue, Strathmore
                           #90 Watercolor paper
Stamps:        Art Impressions Golden Oldies Golfers,  Creative Vision
                           Young at Heart set
Inks:               ColorBox Black, Distress Peeled Paint
Emb Powder:   Judikins Detail Black
Dies:              DieNamics Notebook Edge, Sweet ‘n Sassy Fence and
                          Grass Border, Simon Says Stitched Slopes and Hills,
                           Fiskars punches Clouds
Markers:     Copic C1, C4, E00, E33, E57, R05, R17, G24, B21, BV34
Doo Dads:    Glossy Accents (on the eyeglasses)

No comments:

Post a Comment