Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thanks So Much


I love commercial cards:  the art work is fantastic and the inspiration is endless!  The card below was inspired by a birthday card I received that is so full of great ideas, I'll never toss it.  I used just one of the ideas here . . .



After stamping and white embossing the fanciful balloons, I wanted to add some sparkle and shine.  But my usual glue-pen-and-glitter method would have taken a long time and not given me the intricate designs I was hoping for. 

Enter a product I've had for years and never used:  Heat & Stick embossing powder!  This was the perfect chance to try it out:  I inked up some fine-lined circular designs with VersaMark and stamped.  Then I dusted on the Heat & Stick powder just as I do with any embossing powder.  Tap off the excess and heat just until the powder turns shiny – this takes only 5 seconds tops.

Now it's sticky:  just dust on the glitter, brush off the excess, and you're done!  I hope the photo shows at least some of the sparkle.  So easy peasy:  and I'm keeping my jar of Heat & Stick right on my work table instead of buried in a drawer . . . this wonderful little embossing innovation is gonna get a LOT of use!

Cardstock:   Bazzill White, Generic Pink, Textured Green
Stamps:        Various circle images from Hero, Stampin’ Up,
                           My Sentiments Exactly, The Angel Company, Stampin’ Up
                           “Thanks so much”
Inks:               ColorBox Frost White, VersaMark, Gelly Roll Clear Star
Emb Powder:   Judikins Detail White, Stamp Oasis Heat & Stick
Dies:              Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio Two
Doo Dads:    Past Time Stamps Ultra Fine Glitter, Oriental Trading
                           Enamel Dots, deckle edged trimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment