Monday, January 26, 2015

Enjoy Your Birthday


Because I think it's good to show the boo boos as well as the triumphs, I have decided that today is a Full Disclosure Day.  To mark the occasion, I am posting a card that falls way short of the mark.  It had such promise inside my head, but once it made it onto cardstock, it picked up a few warts . . .



The coloring is amateur – but since that's what I am, I guess that fits.  But I'm still a little surprised that my chalk-work was less than successful this time.  Part of the problem may have been the super-smooth cardstock:  chalks usually do better when the paper has a little tooth to it.  Another disappointment came when I used my usual wonderfully matte spray fixative and it turned the entire layer into a glossy sheet – it took away the subtle, delicate look I was after.  Glossy paper and I are not BFF's.  As for the outlining around the image, lame.

I do like the butterfly.  The lace was a last minute inspiration and I was delighted to find that my butterfly die did as good a job on the lace as it did on paper.

Am I going to send this?  You betcha:  the recipient is nowhere near as picky as I am, and loves me very much – warts and all – so, off it goes!

Cardstock:   Generic Textured Blue, Bazzill Dark Sand, PaperCut
                          White Matte Coat
Stamps:        The Stamp Mill Poppy, Stamp Out Cute Swirls, Hero
                          “Enjoy your birthday”
Inks:               Archival Coffee, Distress Antique Linen, Old Paper,
                          Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Copic Warm Grey #4,
                          Wink of Stella Clear
Emb Powder:  WOW Clear Matte Dull, B’Muse Devil’s Food Delight
Dies:              Memory Box Isabella, JustRite Charms
Chalks:          The Stencil Collection, I-Kan-Dee
Doo Dads:    Blue satin ribbon, Ecru lace snippet, Gold mini beads

No comments:

Post a Comment