Monday, October 20, 2014

Congratulations, Graduate!

While a graduation card may seem a bit out of season, it was a creatively busy summer and I couldn’t fit it in earlier.  Besides, it never hurts to have cards of all kinds at the ready in your stash . . .


I’m happy to see that the blackboard technique is still alive and well, as I love the look and think it’s a lot of fun to do.  There are several ways to make this happen . . . I like to sponge along the edge with Papertrey’s Fresh Snow dye ink as it stays wet just long enough move it around a little with a crumpled Kleenex.  I’ve tried this using pigment ink but I get a softer, more diffused look with the dye.

Cardstock:   Bazzill Raven, Generic Black, Cardinal, Mustard          
Stamps:        PSX 2593 “Congratulations Graduate”, all other stamps
                          are from the Fiskars School Days Set   
Inks:               ColorBox Frost White, Black, Papertrey Ink Fresh Snow
Emb Powder:   Judikins Opaque White, Detail Black
Dies:              Papertrey Ink Angled Labels, Marianne Creatables Flora 3 
Doo Dads:    Red tassel

No comments:

Post a Comment