Thursday, May 23, 2013

Just Words

Can’t stay away from Kraft cardstock for long . . . it sings me siren songs if I go more than a few days without spending some time with it . . .

 
A little while ago, I had need of a Washi paper background, so I took a cheerfully flowered red pattern, ironed the back of it onto the shiny side of freezer paper, and wound up with a good-sized piece of delicate Washi paper that now had a lot more body to it.  After trimming to the size I needed, I had enough leftover strips to use in making two cards.  After notching the ends of the strips, my new banners were ready to go . . . Happy Birthday this very day to my baby brother Gordy!

Cardstock:         Marcos Jute, Brown Bag, Bazzill Cheddar, Beckett Iceberg,
                               Washi scraps
Stamps:              Penny Black “Young, old . . .”
Inks:                    ColorBox Black
Emb Powder:    Judikins Detail Black
Emb Folder:       Stampin’ Up Fancy Fan
Dies/Punches:   WPlus9 Banner Trio, Spellbinders Labels 20, Marianne
                                Collectables LR0156 (Leaf Duo), Cheery Lynn Tropical Leaves
Doo Dads:          May Arts Jute, 1/8” corner rounder

1 comment:

  1. I knew it even before you mentioned it, that this MUST be Daddio's birthday card! Love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete