Monday, April 22, 2013

Journey

At the end of March, Virginia Lu’s blog featured a card that really inspired me.  While her work nearly always floats my boat, this one in particular had me humming.  I loved the Kraft background, the neutral colors, the merest hint of red for an accent, and the surprise punch from the white polka-dotted black frame.  So I played around a little . . .

 

 . . . at the time, I didn’t have the main flower stamp (obviously, I do now) but I did have two trays full of postoids that I’ve never used before.  Good times!  I could have lived a lifetime before I would ever have thought to pair such a dramatic frame with these neutral colors.  As for the red touches I loved in her card, forget it:  never would have happened.  Yes, I’m gonna use this combo again – and often!

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute, generic Black, Beckett Moonlight
Stamps:       Starving Artistamps Lil’ Squares Background, Hero Etched Flower with
                       Stems, Stampers Anonymous Mosaic Fragment, Skeleton
                          Leaf, Rubber Tree Egyptian Map, unknown “Journey”,
                          various Postoids too numerous to mention
Inks:             ColorBox Frost White, VersaFine Vintage Sepia, Distress
                       Brushed Corduroy, Old Paper, Antique Linen, Fired Brick
Emb Powder:  B’Muse Eggshell
Impression Plate:  Cheery Lynn Desert Floor
Dies/Punches:  Wplus9 Banner Trio
Doo Dads:    White fabric flower, black brad

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Sue!! I love how my card inspired you and that you interpret it in your own creative way. The additional embossed leaves and white flower are lovely in this! And how amazing is that you got to use your postoid background to simulate the pattern paper that I used!! Thank you for sharing! This makes my day :)

    ReplyDelete