Monday, March 11, 2013

The Weeds Will Win


 Between the weeds and the bugs – both of which outnumber us by the billions – we stampers will never run out of subject material in these well-stocked natural categories . . .

 
 
While I’ve loved the distressed, torn-edge look for years, I could never get the edges reliably scruffy for my liking.  My results were always hit or miss.  That is, until I discovered that the technique is really a two-part process.  I first use the small circular distressing tool available everywhere to break down the edges and make them more malleable.  The second step involves either my fingernail or my thumbnail – whichever is handiest.  Once the edges get broken down with the tool, my fingernail just skates along the edges.  The cardstock will actually do my bidding and provide me with just the degree of curly scruff I’m after.  Oh joy!  The success is indeed in the details . . .

 
Cardstock:         Generic textured Kraft, Blue, watercolor paper
Stamps:              Chapel Road Ironweed, etc. (text and image), Fiskars Mesh brayer
Inks:                    ColorBox Black, Distress Weathered Wood, Mustard Seed,
                                  Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door, Brushed Corduroy, VersaFine
                                   Vintage Sepia
Emb Powder:    Vippies Transcendence
Doo Dads:          Dried pine needles

No comments:

Post a Comment