Thursday, March 7, 2013


The next three posts will feature cards that were just rejected for publishing.  Given the mournful circumstances, I figured it was only appropriate for me to post the black one first . . .

 Suspended images are fun to make, but they do pose the problem of having all of your workmanship exposed on the inside.  This is easy enough to remedy:  After die-cutting the card front, keep it face up and lay it down over another piece of cardstock (face down) that you want to use for the facing.  Reposition the dies through the openings you’ve already cut and run through the machine.  Voila!  A matched facing you can glue to the inside of the card front.

 Keep in mind that suspended images need to be done with shapes that are symmetrical.  You will need to stamp and cut out two for each window.  Pipe a line of liquid glue down the back of one of the images and then lay down a generous length of thread.  When dry, glue to the back of the second image.  The thread ends are then glued to the backs of the openings inside the card and trimmed.  Now it’s time to glue down your custom facing.

 Just to mix things up, I did the bottom image differently (I try to not get too predictable).  A larger Angled Label was die cut and the Bamboo Leaf Spray was silver embossed, edged with silver marker and foam-mounted to the inside of the card through the opening.

Cardstock:         Bazzill Raven, Beckett Iceberg, Generic Dull Silver Scraps
Stamps:              Fred Mullett Bamboo Leaves, Leaf Spray, Just For Fun “Leaves”
Inks:                    ColorBox Silver, Marvy Marker Silver
Emb Powder:    B’Muse Silver
Dies/Punches:   Papertrey Ink Angled Labels, 1/16” hole punch
Doo Dads:          Silver thread

No comments:

Post a Comment