Thursday, October 27, 2022

Joy

Here is the 2nd of four stenciled images I was gifted by Joyce Kurtz of the Peddler’s Pack . . .



As the ornament is on the large side and takes a lot of paste,  I decided to let the Gel Duo paste remain convex instead of using the palette knife to flatten it out.   That gives the ornament an outward curve that looks a lot more real than a flat one would have.  I also allowed the metal leaf to keep a little layered texture for added interest.

Careful though I was, a bit of the Gel Duo seeped under the inner edges of the brass stencil.  So I simply cut out the ornament which got rid of the smeary bits.  I used pop dots in the center back to retain the convex curve and red liner tape around the edges to fasten the ornament to the gold background.

Cardstock:   Bazzill Kachina, Strathmore Mixed Media #90, Scraps

Gold  

Dies:              Tim Holtz Holiday Words - Script: Joy, EK Success

Scalloped Corner Punch          

Stencil:          Dreamweaver Ornament

Doo Dads:    Deco Foil Gel Duo, Amy’s Gilding Leaf Ocean Blue,

Gold     

No comments:

Post a Comment